Raja Syed Rather
Ganderbal, Sep 13: At least three residential houses were completely damaged in a massive blaze that broke out at Yachama area of Kangan in Central Kashmir’s Ganderbal district on Tuesday morning.
The locals said that a massive fire broke out from the double-storey residential house of Gh Mohi U din, son of Gh Mohd Khan of Yachama Kangan.
The fire spread to two more houses adjacent to it belonging to Mushtaq Ahmad Khan, causing extensive damage to the residential houses, they said.
The relatives of the affected families said that the property worth lakhs of rupees got damaged in the blaze.
The cause of the fire is said to be due to an electric short circuit, an official said.
The locals of the village urged the administration to compensate the losses to the downtrodden families at an earliest.
Meanwhile, police have taken cognizance of the fire incident and has started investigation into the matter.