Pulwama, Nov 30: A Power Development Department (PDD) employee was hospitalised after receiving an electric shock at Marvel area of Kakapora in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district on Wednesday.
An official said that a daily wage worker of PDD was injured because of electric shock while performing duty at Marvel area of Kakapora.
He said that the employee identified as Showkat Ahmad Allaie son of Ghulam Muhammad Allaie, resident of Ukhoo, Kakapora received an electric shock and fell down from the pole while he was repairing a power supply line at Marvel.
He said that Showkat was shifted to a nearby hospital, from wherefrom he was shifted to Bone and Joint Hospital Barzulla, Srinagar for further treatment.
His family members while talking to KNO said that Showkat is father of two little daughters and is working as daily wager since last one decade.
They demanded that there must be proper investigation, how he was asked to repair the wire when power supply wasn’t cut-off from the station.
They demanded action against the employees whosoever will be involved in any kind of negligence which lead to the incident.
They also said that Showkat has to undergo surgery tomorrow and as he belongs to financially weak family, government must bear all his expenses and he must be regularized as this incident has left his handicapped.