Reasi, Apr 12: A bus caught fire after a stove exploded inside it in the Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir on Wednesday.
The driver and the conductor sustained minor burn injuries.
Divulging information about the incident, a police official told news agency Kashmir News Trust that a bus carrying pilgrims had reached Shivkhodi Dham with devotees from Katra.
“Pilgrims embarked from the bus to have a ‘Darshan’ while the driver parked the bus at Ransu Bus Stand. The driver and the conductor started cooking food inside the bus when the stove exploded and the bus caught fire,” he said.
The official added that the bus suffered extensive damage in the fire incident while the driver and the conductor were shifted to the hospital for treatment and their condition is stable.
Police in this regard have registered a case under relevant sections of law. [KNT]
Srinagar city to come alive with ‘Vitasta’ Cultural festival
Srinagar, Jun 2: Chief Secretary, Dr. Arun Kumar Mehta Friday took stock of the arrangements for the ‘Vitasta' Cultural Festival...
Leave a Reply