Raja Syed Rather
Bandipora, Oct 6: A devastating fire incident struck Shah Gani Arts Emporium Pashmina showroom in Bandipora’s Sumbal, causing significant destruction to the newly established establishment.
An official said that the blaze erupted late last night, resulting in the gutting of numerous valuable items, including a substantial quantity of exquisite Pashmina shawls and other merchandise.
Local fire and emergency department teams, along with the police officers including DySP and SHO Sumbal, worked tirelessly to douse the raging flames and prevent further damage.
The traders’ President association Sumbal has appealed to the higher administration to extend their support to Tahir Ahmad, the owner of the ill-fated showroom.
He said that the incident has deeply saddened the community, especially because the showroom was on the verge of being inaugurated in the coming days
He also expressed gratitude to the diligent efforts of the local police and the fire emergency department in controlling the blaze.
Meanwhile, Tashildar Sumbal visited the fire-ravaged showroom to assess the extent of the damage and discuss the necessary steps for relief.